About Linhart MCS
What we do
We specialize in software for
- Traffic control centers ( such as air traffic control, railway interlocking, maritime control ),
- Control systems in industry,
- And the energy sector ( power plants, oil production, refineries, etc )
Our software helps
- to make these systems safer,
- improves the training of people who operate such systems,
- and makes human-computer interaction reproducible.
Our main product is DisplayRecorder which is a 24x7 recorder for all human-computer-interaction of mission critical systems that run under Linux or a UNIX-like operating system which uses X-Windows / X11 for graphics.
DisplayRecorder is used for making all human-computer-interaction reproducible. This vital for that indicent analysis correctly identifies the cause of incidents. As soon as the real cause of an incident is known, you have the means to improve your system at this point and therefore make it safer and/or more efficient.
Who We Are
Linhart MCS is a business unit of Christian Linhart Software.
"MCS" is short for "Mission Critical Systems".
We make mission critical software since 1997.
Linhart MCS as a separate business unit was formed in 2015.
Below is a general description of the whole company:
About Christian Linhart Software
Christian Linhart Software is an information technology company located in Austria/Europe.
Our Company is 100% privately held and self-funded.
MembershipsChristian Linhart Software is member of the Austrian Chamber of Commerce.
Business UnitsChristian Linhart Software has the following business units
- Linhart MCS
- Improving the safety of mission critical systems.
- Christian Linhart Web-Solutions
- Creating high performance dynamic Web-solutions implemented in C++. (Using the high performance webserver Tntnet together with our proprietary framework.)
- Christian Linhart Office & Consumer Software
- Our product DemoRecorder is used to generate screen-videos for demonstration, selling, education, and for creating easy-to-understand software documentation by using videos.
Christian Linhart, our founder, started freelance programming in 1988 with several projects for a CAD System.
Christian Linhart Software as a formal company was founded in 1996.This started with programming-contracts in the area of CASE-tools.
Our work on of DisplayRecorder started in 1997 for use in command and control centers of metro railway interlocking. It has been running on Solaris / Sparc.